How often should a poodle be bathed and trimmed?
If you have a poodle as your best friend, it is very important that you inform yourself about the care required. In this article, you will find complete information about bathing poodles. We will also explain how often should a poodle be bathed and trimmed and what you should consider before doing it.
Bathing an adult poodle step by step
- Fill your bathtub with lukewarm water without the water level is too high.
- Help your dog to get into the bathtub, watch out for slipping!
- Wet him with the help of your bath hose so that his whole body is wet.
- We recommend starting with the paws: rub thoroughly to remove dirt.
- Follow with the torso, genitals, and neck. Do not wet or soap the head.
- When it is completely lathered, you can start rinsing the entire body.
- Spend time rinsing so that there is no soap residue on the coat.
- When you finish, cover him with a towel and wait for him to absorb some of the water.
- Afterward, just use a hair dryer to dry him completely. Use a brush to give him a better look.
- The most recommended thing is that you gently rub the dog’s teeth with a cloth. Another option is to use a brush with very soft bristles to avoid hurting the puppy’s gums.
It is also important that you know that there are several special toothpastes for dogs. It is necessary that you do not use the one that is for humans.
How often should a poodle be bathed?
In the dog’s dermis, we find the sebaceous glands that help to keep the skin stable and to give stability to the coat. It is very important to understand that excessive washing or the use of not recommendable products, will bring as a consequence. As a result, a dermatological alteration can generate allergies, for example. We should bathe our poodle approximately every 21 to 35 days, enough time for the skin to regenerate and recover its natural fats. After this time we can bathe him without any problem.
How often do you cut poodle hair?
The frequency of cutting will depend on the choice of hairstyle. If you are still not sure how you want to style your dog’s hair. Do not hesitate to visit our article about the 10 types of poodle haircuts. However, in general, the average frequency of haircuts is around 40 – 50 days.
Although you can cut your dog’s hair at home. It is highly recommended to visit pet grooming services in Chicago until you have acquired the necessary experience. The different types of cuts need expert hands. That is to say he knows how to shape them and which are the points to pay attention to. For example, it is highly recommended to trim the ear hairs carefully. Consequently, to prevent them from getting into the ears, causing dampness and fungus.